Sunday, April 1, 2012

Spring Break!

Woohoo, it's Spring Break!! Of course there will be no wild trip to Mexico or Florida where we hang out and get trashed. I'm pretty sure my children wouldn't have fun around all that crazy. Trust me though, my children will make sure this is one wild week.

Ashlynn has always been my most creative child. She constantly wants to draw, sing, do crafts of some sort, bake something....ect. She is not happy unless her days are filled with as many disaster making projects as possible. I think that is why she loves her Montessori classes so much. She gets to hop around and do activities all day.

All that this means is that I am in need of some activities that I can do with my five monsters without completely losing my mind. Where oh where would I look for things to do? Hmm......Of course! Pinterest!! So off I went to start searching for some ideas.

The very first thing I found was a pin for 38 Kid Crafts and Boredom Busters for Spring Break. How perfect is that?? So thank you so much Tip Junkie for that awesome post!






Then I found 21 Easy Easter Crafts & Activities. Well, that is just awesome. Ashlynn is very excited about Easter. She has even informed her grandpa that he has to make an Easter dinner. Haha, poor grandpa! So finding a post about crafts we can do for Easter is so great! Thanks so much to No Time For Flash Cards for that post!


Ok, so now I have some awesome craft ideas. Of course this will require some scrounging for materials and some shopping, too. Now, I have to find some things that maybe, just maybe we can cook. Cooking and baking are always a little harder to swing with all my kids. Usually while I'm in the kitchen with Ashlynn, Riley needs to be there. If Riley is there then Ashlynn and Riley are fighting about who's turn it is to put in the ingredients. I feel like screaming at the top of my lungs by the time we are finished. Of course during this whole thing, Robbie is into something he shouldn't be in, like say, my computer or paperwork, or the playpen with the twins. Of course the twins are crying because they think I should be with them. Lets just say that cooking and baking are definitely a hard thing to accomplish peacefully around here. I have decided to be brave and try to find a few things though.

Well let me just say, I searched for "recipes for kids", "kid friendly recipes", "easy recipes for kids", and I was about to give up and just find some cookie recipes and be done. Then, out of the gloom, came a pin about another blog. Making Memories...One Fun Thing After Another! Have you been there?? I apparently haven't! I am in love with this blog now. I really want to make some Unicorn Poop Cookies with my kids! Seriously, check them out.


So look at all the fun I hope we get to have. I also really hope we can go to the Zoo, somehow. Waiting to see how that one pans out, but I think it would be a lot of fun to get out as a family and go somewhere.

So, what are your plans for Spring Break? Are you taking a trip or taking it easy? Let me know about it in the comments!

3 comments:

  1. Enjoy them while you can. They grow up way too fast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need a spring break from raking last fall's leaves!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These may help our boredness on the third day of Spring Break! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete