Monday, March 21, 2011

Meet The Family

Hello all! My name is Melissa. I'm a 24 year old stay at home mom (SAHM) of 5 wonderful little children. My husband Stuart works full time to support all those little mouths. We have been married almost 5 years now, which seems crazy to me. I guess time flies when you're having babies. lol.

Now to meet my little ones!! Ashlynn is our oldest and she is 4 years old. Next came our second daughter, Riley, and she is 2. Then came our little man Robbie, who just recently turned one. And we were finished. We had our beautiful daughters and our little boy. Then, Suprise!, we were expecting twin girls. So we recently welcomed Abigail and Brittany to our family. They are 5 weeks old.

So there you go, now you know a little about the characters in our story. I suppose I could also set the scene for you a little.

The seven of us live in a 3 bedroom house. A little packed right now, I know. But since we have three in cribs we will have a nursery and then a bedroom for our 2 older girls. I say we will because it hasn't happened yet. Right now our children are either in the soon to be nursery or our room. The third bedroom has been a storage room until now. We have 2 bathrooms, which is no big deal right now but when they are teenagers I think there will be trouble. So in our future could there possibly be an addition to our house?? I sure think we need one! Our dining room has been converted into a playroom of sorts. Mostly it is just a disaster waiting to happen. It can be spotless one minute and the next there are toys, books, and puzzles everywhere. Our kitchen is supposed to be turning into a kitchen/laundry room soon, I hope!

I can't really give you much plot since I never know how my days will go. I know how I want them to go but I have learned that I just have to go with the flow. I never know how much sleep I will be getting each night. One or both twins may be really fussy all night. Someone may be sick. Riley's asthma may be acting up. I never know if I will be able to get any cleaning done. Some days I have so much spare time I could get bored. Other days my house stays a mess and by the time my husband gets home I feel like crying at everything that needs to be done. Some days I may get to take a nap. Not very often, but sometimes everyone goes to sleep at once, and I may be able to squeeze in an hour of no interruptions. Sometimes not knowing can be hard, sometimes it can be scary, but mostly it is fun, and it is always chaotic.

1 comment:

  1. I enjoy reading your blog, Melissa!! Great job!! :-)

    The "Five Kids" "Nonni" :-)

    ReplyDelete